Jonah Z. Spiegelman
Jonah Z. Spiegelman is an Associate at Altro Levy. He specializes in cross border tax and estate planning.
Prior to joining Altro Levy, Jonah was counsel with the federal Department of Justice, where he gained broad experience in government policy and regulation. He has appeared in the Tax Court of Canada, the B.C. Provincial Court, and a federal Commission of Inquiry. In 1998, Jonah received a B.Sc. in Environmental Sciences and, in 2002, an M.A. in Resource Management. In 2009, Jonah earned his J.D. from the University of British Columbia and was called to the bar in British Columbia the following year.
Before attending law school, Jonah pursued a career in the private sector as an engineering manager in high-tech manufacturing, as well as being an environmental consultant.
- University of British Columbia, 2009, J.D.
- University of British Columbia, 2002, M.A.
- University of Oregon, 1998, B. Sc.
Cross Border Blogs by Jonah
- US taxpayers with RRSPs? File now to avoid penalties!, September 2013
- Branch or Subsidiary: Tax Planning for CDN Companies Expanding Operations to the US, July 2013
- “Taxpayer Relief” could be Short-Lived, April 2013
- Eleventh Hour Fiscal Cliff Deal – What Does it mean for Canadians?, January 2013
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 604-569-1445