Jonah Z. Spiegelman
Jonah Z. Spiegelman is a Partner at Altro Levy. He specializes in cross border tax and estate planning.
Jonah Spiegelman is a cross border tax and estate-planning attorney and partner leading the western Canadian practice at Altro Levy LLP. His practice is focused on assisting high net worth individuals and businesses to understand the complex interactions between the Canadian and US tax regimes, and developing solutions that ensure efficiency and compliance on both sides of the border.
His areas of expertise include structuring ownership of US real estate for Canadian snowbirds and investors, estate planning for Canadians with US property and Americans living in Canada, and tax planning for businesses and individuals with filing obligations in both countries.
Jonah is a frequent contributor to Altro Levy LLP publications, and is regularly invited to speak on these topics at seminars, workshops and conferences. He has been interviewed by media outlets to provide expert advice on planning for cross border issues.
Jonah is licensed to practice law in British Columbia, Alberta and California.
- University of British Columbia, 2009, J.D.
- University of British Columbia, 2002, M.A.
- University of Oregon, 1998, B. Sc.
Recent Articles & Media Interviews by Jonah
- Glory Restored,
-The Vancouver Sun, October 26, 2013
Cross Border Blogs by Jonah
- Tax Efficient Estate Planning through Wills,
- US taxpayers with RRSPs? File now to avoid penalties!,
- Branch or Subsidiary: Tax Planning for CDN Companies Expanding Operations to the US,
- “Taxpayer Relief” could be Short-Lived,
- Eleventh Hour Fiscal Cliff Deal – What Does it mean for Canadians?,
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 604-569-1445